Code of Slovenian Ornithologists (adopted at the DOPPS – BirdLife Slovenia annual General Assembly, 21 March 1992)
Every Slovenian ornithologist, observer and researcher of birds should abide by the following ethical protocols:
- Above all, represent the interests of nature conservation and protection of birds.
- Not unnecessarily disrupt birds or harm them, at work or otherwise. Furthermore, they should not endanger other living beings or nature.
- Not take birds from their natural environment and/or keep them in captivity.
- Be considerate to birds and nature while photographing. Threatened species should not be photographed while nesting.
- Conscientiously note down and update all observations to prevent data from becoming obsolete.
- Be cooperative and helpful to colleagues, and maintain positive work relationships.